(Part-time Summer Employment – 24hrs/wk)
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Instant Pot® Company is searching for a Recipe Preparation/Tester to assess the quality of recipes for consideration to be associated with the InstantPot products. This includes food preparation, recipe documentation and product use and testing. It’s the job of the incumbent to understand the author’s intent, to organize the recipe so it flows smoothly, and to put the recipe in writing in such a way that it can be replicated with consistent results each time it’s prepared.
- Identify, source and purchase recipe ingredients, prepare and test each recipe
- Document and/or re-write the recipe as required
- Follow recipe instructions to confirm all vital pieces of information are included or to identify any missing information and validate that the sequence so it looks fine on paper and translates accurately in practice.
- Testing a recipe to aid in explaining or documenting the technique, or the tester may even suggest an improvement to the recipe
- Preparing the recipes from social media sources (bloggers) who will be supporting the app/web initiative. Identify any potential issues with a recipe to provide direction and feedback to the source.
- Identify any problems with flavor (which could indicate an error in the recipe) or can recognize when the seasoning in a recipe falls outside of what the average reader of the recipe might expect or to confirm when a flavor or texture or even an appearance is outside what might normally be expected and what the author intended.
- Develop menus and forwarded internally as to when food will be available to be sampled by the Double Insight staff; also, responsible for clean-up
- Plan a weekly or bi-weekly schedule of recipes and meal plan preparing (2-3) dishes/day to serve to Double Insight staff
- InstantPot product testing including identifying any problems with the operating manual or the machine. Recommend improvements or provide feedback. Test all the pre-set times for accuracy.
- Support customer service in trouble shooting an issue if one should arise
- Set-up training sessions (once they know the machine) to ensure the staff understand all aspects of the cooker
- Blog/post on Instant Pot social media platforms at the end of each day with content such as “Tips from the Instant Pot Kitchen”
- Active student or recent graduate in hospitality, food science or nutrition program or experienced graduate interested in part-time work arrangement
- Experience at a professional culinary school is an asset.
- Passionate about cooking with a strong set of skills in the kitchen
- Should have a good knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and baking
- Strong knowledge of general culinary skills
- Able to handle multiple kitchen tasks at once/multi-task cooking
- Interest in and/or experience with food blogs; likes to experiment with cooking
- Food writing experience a plus
- Must be reliable and trustworthy with the ability to write clearly for a specific target audience. For example, the material produced for an inexperienced cook will be explained differently from a recipe produced for a food professional.
- Comfortable and experienced with electric pressure cookers is required
- Understands commonly-used names of ingredients
- Can effectively understand, apply and evaluate required weights and measures associated with any recipe
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on a fast-paced team
- Well organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, work within short time frames and meet deadlines
- Self-starter and detailed oriented; Able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have Microsoft Office skills
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to (firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting RPT-17. The position is located in Ottawa, Ontario. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Double Insight, please visit our website at http://www.instantpot.org or http://www.doubleinsight.com